Cut-Scenes

Monday, August 02, 2004

What the heck is a 'blog'?

That's the question I was asking a few months ago, and today I am starting my own 'blog'. Frankly, I don't keep a diary and I've never been one to spill all my guts to a piece of paper. So, don't expect to learn my deepest darkest secrets by reading these posts. However, what you can expect are honesty and candor. One confession I will make: I am an entertainment junky. I go to the movies often, and I intend to post reviews. It's also likely that I will talk about the latest happenings in Hollywood. Finally, whatever else I feel like sharing will show up as well. So, knock yourself out. Enjoy reading and feel free to join the discussion. Otherwise, this whole thing turns into one long 'monoblog'.

How did the term 'web log' get shortened to 'blog', anyway? If anyone can tell me, I'd love to know.

1 Comments:

  • Well, I guess it's faster saying "blog" than "weblog", and it basically means the same thing: a journal on the web. BlogPhiles has a short-to-the-point definition, plus it's also a group of bloggers there.

    I usually don't write in a diary in scraps of books or papers either, but I find it so much more convenient and fun to blog on the web, plus you get more creative. Most people make their "blogs" as their personal websites with links, navigation, music, graphics and all. You can stop by my website if you'd like to visit. :)

    By Blogger Ambiguitylotus, at August 20, 2004 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home